One of the most fundamental decisions to make when planning school events is choosing a theme. Based upon the theme, the style of music, venue decorations, choice of activities, and even the mood can be determined. Vegas Concepts offers nearly unlimited ideas for event themes. From the popular James Bond 007, Roaring 20s, or Disneyland themes, to more creative ones like South of the Border, Polynesian, or a Medieval theme. And of course, there’s always the traditional Las Vegas-styled theme!
Keys to Success
Start planning at least six to nine months in advance, especially if you have to secure vendor contracts and background checks. If you will be asking businesses for donations, give them at least six months of lead-time and avoid approaching them during the holidays, when they will be besieged with requests. “Start way ahead of time,” says Jami Bond, Co-Chair of Southlake Carroll High School’s Lock-In, sponsored by PTSA from Southlake TX. “Project celebrations or Prom Events are not something you can just throw together.”
Promote the event by using your high school’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media. Make the event special with casino-themed decorations (check your local party and dollar stores), music (being a full-service event-planning company, we can arrange all your outside vendor needs). Recruit a parent to get food donated or purchased at Sam’s Club or Costco.
You will need plenty of parent volunteers. We suggest getting a junior parent to help since they will be building future class memories. Be sure to have enough helpers so they can rotate out to enjoy the games themselves.
Vegas Concepts brings in authentic casino equipment to show the students how to play craps, poker, roulette, or blackjack by our trained dealers. They are given “Funny money” to spend and they can redeem their winnings for raffle prizes. We also bring in inflatable games that are age-appropriate. The most popular inflatable games include “Obstacle courses,” “Velcro Wall” and “Human Foosball.”
Of course, a DJ also has to be present. Vegas Concepts knows that type of music students like to dance to and listen to. No event would be complete without a photo booth to serve as a reminder of your night. Students take pictures with their best friends before they embark on the next chapter of their lives.
In addition to our casino equipment, we offer a wide variety of event add-ons such as photographers, selfie booths/stations with props, DJ service, digital & caricature artists, musicians, magicians, impersonators, inflatable games, you name it!
Proms and After-Prom Parties
Though we specialize in casino events, we are a full-service event planning company. We bring in quality certified vendors. We can provide your high school with guitar hero, a rock band, karaoke, Wii games, an interactive green screen, a candy/ice cream station, as well as a management team including an event manager and load crew. With all of the games and activities, we can furnish any high school with an unforgettable after-prom party with set hours.
We also provide suggestive venue ideas, we help you throughout the year solicit your fundraisers, and we can provide school fundraising ideas throughout the year.
With our many years of event planning service in the DFW metroplex area, we have established solid relationships with the best entertainment, vendors, and venues around. If you can conceive it, we can achieve it!
Project Graduation first began in Maine around 20 years after a terrible accident had a major impact on a small community. 18 teenagers died in an alcohol-related highway crash. In an effort to prevent this accident from happening in the future, parents and school officials decided to create an event called “Project Graduation” or “Project Celebration.”
This event would offer graduating seniors a safe haven where they could celebrate with their friends in an alcohol/drug-free environment. Eventually, it caught on in Texas. Most high schools in Dallas and Fort Worth now have these types of events!
Parents feel more comfortable having a supervised event in a controlled environment instead of an unknown wild party elsewhere. Vegas Concepts takes students’ safety as seriously as you do. We take pride in hiring only professional dealers to work the casino equipment. They are all background-checked and comply with all the laws. It is also emphasized that they interact with the students in a fun and engaging manner but are always respectful. Not only does it have the stamp of approvable by parents and teachers, but also by students!
Health & Safety
For over 35 years, Vegas Concepts has remained diligent in promoting the safety and welfare of our clients and guests, especially, when it comes to school events.
- Vegas Concepts pioneered the safe high school lock-in and we can provide your school with background checks in a timely manner as well as breath analysis on the night of the event.
- We know that you entrust your children with our staff and we subscribe to sober. Because we are the only company that has background-checked staff. Vegas Concepts has been hosting safe project graduation lock In’s, and after-prom parties.
- At Vegas Concepts, we know you are looking not only for a fun but also a safe way to make the best memories possible for your graduating students. We join in supporting a sober and drug-free after Graduation and Prom Party environment. Therefore, all our employees coming to your event will be ready to submit to an entrance breathalyzer analysis. Upon request, we can provide information for you to run criminal background checks on all dealers.
- Parents and Teachers can feel safe when hiring our professionals to entertain their young adults. Our dealers meet The Texas Department of Public Safety Criminal History Record Information Authorization requirements. We advocate Alcohol/Drug-Free Casino Events!
With the ongoing pandemic, we at Vegas Concepts have stepped up our awareness a few notches. In accordance with CDC regulations and guidelines, we have taken the necessary precautions to ensure our clients and guests a safe, sanitary event.
Here are just a few of the standard things we do at each and every event to do our part in avoiding the spread of the virus:
- Require all staff to wear masks and encourage guests to wear them, as well as maintaining a minimum of 6-feet of social distancing at all events,
- Sanitize all chips/dice/card dispenser/roulette balls & wheel before/after event,
- Issue new decks of cards to dealers before event,
- Check the temperature of all staff upon arrival,
- Provide every table with sanitizing wipes/spray,
- Clean/sanitize every table before they go out to an event, and upon exiting the event.
And that’s not all! We go the extra mile to oversee and safeguard the health of everyone involved with our events!